Weekly Recap III
Andrea Rivers & Summer Cherland
Faculty, South Mountain Community College
Summer and Andrea are back at it with a look at all that happened in the week of July 13th, 2020.
Weekly Recap Highlights:
- New episodes!
- “Sit in the Discomfort” with Guy Goodman of South Mountain Community College
- “Ordinary People, Extraordinary Times” with Jessamyn Neuhaus of SUNY Plattsburgh. (@GeekyPedagogy)
- Student essays:
- Thanks to Any Good Thing for supporting our work!
Looking ahead to the coming weeks:
- Future Eps:
- Future history teacher/community college student, Paul
- Dr. Sara Simons of UT shares her perspectives on our students’ trauma and mental health
- The team behind Black Engineering Faculty Speak tell of their collaborative process to create a stirring video.
- Summer is presenting on remote interviewing with SOHA on 7/31!
- Andrea and Summer hosting a listening learning session on race and culturally responsive teaching in August. Reach out if you’re interested.
- Andrea and Summer will donate $10 for every new follower, rating, review, or subscriber to the Maricopa Emergency Fund to support students in the COVID19 era! Get the word out!
Find our recap wherever you get your podcasts.
Shout outs to:
- Andrea revisits her appreciation of Eckhart Tolle’s The Power of Now
- Summer recommends Jessamyn’s Geeky Pedagogy: A Guide for Intellectuals, Introverts, and Nerds Who Want to Be Effective Teachers.
- Summer celebrates her affinity for the recently renamed “The Chicks” on the dawn of their first album in 14 years. Welcome back! @thechicks!
Connect with us:
Write for us.
Tell us your story.
Read our first More and More post.
Join our mailing list
Follow us on social media @smcchistory
Find us on iTunes, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts!
Recording date: 7/17/20