Observations, Bloopers, and a Listener Challenge
By Summer Cherland, PhD
History Faculty, South Mountain Community College
This week brings a close to three full weeks of student-written posts on the More and More Every Day blog. We’ve started to see that students are adjusting to #learningintheCOVID19era. The shock may have worn off a bit, and they may not be scrambling too much for materials, but that doesn’t mean they’re good to go.
In many cases, our students are navigating new jobs or increased hours at work. They’re adjusting to online lectures and group work, while caring for parents and homeschooling children.
We’ve started to see that the posts they wrote three weeks ago now seem distant and raw. Students are now indicating a “new normal” has set in.
In this week’s roundup, Cody and Summer discuss themes and patterns in episodes and posts from the fourth week of April. Find our episode wherever you listen to podcasts.
Here are some highlights from the Weekly Roundup III episode:
- Cody and Summer’s highs of the week (learning about positivity and the power of “yet”! New epiphanies for students!)
- Four student spotlights, including three student-written posts and one student interview
- Bloopers sponsored by Andrew
- Review of Dr. Pete Facciola’s episode
- Several shout-outs to our loyal listeners, Wasim & Andrew
- The Wasim Challenge: Write in to our email or social media your reactions to his favorite quote. One lucky person who responds will get a prize!
Looking ahead to the coming weeks:
- The last week of April is International Week! Students and scholars around the world will be featured.
- The first week of May is National Teacher Appreciation Week! To celebrate, we are dropping a special episode every day featuring a classroom (K-12) teacher, starting with SMCC alumni, Philip Martinez!
- May 6th was supposed to be our graduation ceremony at SMCC. So, we are publishing a special podcast episode with messages of support and congratulations to all college students missing their graduation. Want to give a shout out to them? Send us an audio file and we’ll put your message in the episode!
- Roosevelt School District (@rooseveltschooldistrict)
- Butterfly Burger (@butterflyburger)
- Storytelling Institute (@smccstorytellinginstitute)
- Jo Robinson’s Eating on the Wild Side
- Dungeons and Dragons Character Alignment
- Crafty Daily’s Mask Pattern and 5min. video
- Maricopa County Library District offers curbside pickup!
Connect with us:
Click here to write for us.
Click here to tell us your story.
Click here to read our first More and More post.
Follow us on Instagram @smcchistory
Find us on iTunes, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts!